Friday, December 9, 2011

Going under the knife

Today I'm having surgery. Seriously. No I'm not kidding. 

About a month ago I found a lump on the back of my head. Although it was nowhere near my scar, I immediately thought it could be related to the brain surgery I had as a baby. I got it checked out last week and I was informed that it was in fact, a cyst that had nothing to do with my previous brain injury. (Hallelujah!)
So, I should feel good right? WRONG the doctor then informed me that once removed, the cyst would be sent to pathology where it would be tested for cancerous material. Say what?! Cancer?!? So the freak out continued. So, I was scared. Internally a mess. But today there have been so many tender mercies from my Heavenly Father that have put me at ease. 

1. I received a priesthood blessing from my home teachers.
2. I found a perfume sample in my jacket that smells exactly like my G-ma Falk. It has been calming me down all day.
3. We have a huge bowl of double bubble in our apartment - it's a reminder of my Grandma Rallison. I know she is helping me through this.
4. I  have really great friends, roommates, and family who have been encouraging me all day. 

This surgery is not the most invasive
 nor probably the worst thing that will ever happen.
 But it's new for me. 
Even scary.
But, I have faith that it will all be okay. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure everything will go great Sarah, I will be praying for you to continue to be comforted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll do great. You're the strongest girl I know :)

    ReplyDelete