Monday, October 3, 2011

Good Food, Good People, and a Funeral

Just thought I'd point out: it's October. yeah.

Where did September go?! It feels like just yesterday I was waiting in my apartment for my roommates to get back form summer and school to start. Now it's FALL! My most favorite season for clothing. We all know how much I love cardigans! Along with fall came a very busy week last week.

First: I made chicken pillows. Yes the most divine meal ever! We are doing roommate dinners again this semester (hallelujah) so I get to make all my favorite meals for others to enjoy! Chicken pillows are DIVINE people. We're talking chickeny, cream cheese goodness wrapped in a crescent roll and then rolled in italian bread crumbs.
A stinking delicious cream sauce is then poured over the top of the baked finished product. All in all one of my more delicious meals.

Second: My family came to town! This conference weekend my parents came to visit Provo with my Sister Stephanie and two of her kids. Although I never actually left provo it was nice to "get out of Provo" in the figurative sense. Just took a short couple day vacation with the fam and it was AWESOME! We ate out literally EVERY meal so now, after the weekend o' fam I'm having to deal with the reprocussions .
Totally worth it.
Third: Shots! Today in my nursing lab I gave shots for the first time in my entire life. It was one of those, "Oh my gosh I'm in nursing school" moments. Not as scary as I thought but still a little strange. The thought of piercing someone's skin, as if you're throwing a dart at it (which is how we were taught to, by the way) is still slightly unnerving but I DID IT!! Now, one forearm, one deltoid, and one ventrogluteal shot later I feel confident (as of now) that I won't kill anyone via needle stick. Huzzah!

Fourth: on a more somber, sad, depressing, dismal, miserable note....JJ the betta fish has passed on to fish heaven. He was a good little fish. He started this life the most flamboyant, pink and purple fish petsmart had to offer. He left this world an old fish the color of dishwater. It was his time to go and yet it's hard to say goodbye. JJ...We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment