Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Airport Fun

I am sitting at the airport quite early for my flight. 3 hours early to be exact. Now, I generally enjoy getting to the airport pretty early when I travel but even this is too much extra time for me! Nonetheless I plan on using my time wisely. Homework? heck no. I'm on vacation. I am choosing to spend my time in a more rewarding fashion: People watching. The airport is the treasure trove for people watching. People from all over the world with different communication styles and behaviors come together in a forcibly close environment. Awesome. 
I have witnessed many things in my time here thus far. Some good observation but others make me question what the heck this world is coming to. 
Let's start with the bad: 
Bratty kids:
 I know I was not a little angel in my teen years, in fact I know I had an attitude at times BUT the way kids talk to their parents theses days...let's just say my dad would have cleaned my mouth out with a bar of soap if I spouted off like that. 
Technology: 
Yeah I know I sound like a hypocrite as I sit here on my computer with my ear buds in listening to bones on hulu but as I look around EVERYONE has some form of technology crammed in their face. Technology is not bad. I love it and I understand it's blessing BUT moderation in all things? I think yes. Let's learn some moderation people! 
Now, the good: 
Adorable kids:
My favorite part about the airport is watching the kids waiting to get on the plane. They press their faces against the window, waiting for the descent. What ever happened to that excitement?! I miss that.


Let's get real...airports are the BOMB! Let's hope I still think that after 3 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment